Friday, August 19, 2011

Worth the Wait

My sweet husband told me on my birthday that my present was ordered, but not ready yet. I wasn't really expecting anything due to our limited budget, but it was nice surprise to know that something special was coming. I could not have predicted what he got for me.

I love steampunk. I enjoy the sci-fi aspects, the victorian touches, the imagination and industry. Not only it is lots of fun, it is generally creative and artistic. I haven't steampunked our house (though I would like to) and I only have enough clothes to come up with vaguely steamy outfits. I am planning to refashion our Christmas Ornaments into a steampunk theme.

So without further ado. . . My birthday present!
Jeff commissioned this piece for me. It is me in fact. The hat and goggles are currently hanging on my bedpost. My actual shirt is brown, but now I believe I need a creamy colored one like the picture. This is absolutely the awesomest birthday present ever. Oh and thanks Chris Summers for taking on this commission. It is truly  fantastic.

Shiny!

No comments:

Post a Comment