Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Today I am more thankful than ever for my friends, family and church family. Last Sunday we sold our Diabetic Alert Dog bracelets between worship and Bible class. Tonight we held a fundraising meal at church. We had incredible responses to both efforts. All told, we made $2,692 at both events combined. That is amazing! Besides monetary donations, we had several people donate desserts and others who helped clean up after the meal. I was exhausted by then, and so relieved that they were willing and able to wash dishes (my absolute least favorite chore).

Here's one of the cakes that was donated.


Also, our friends who already have a DAD came by to see us at dinner. Their presence really cemeted how wonderful a DAD can be. It opened up a lot of questions about the dog and allowed me to do some educating. Also, the DAD alerted on both my kids!! MH was low and EJ was high. That in itself was awesome.

I really don't have enough words to express our thanks for all the generosity and love we have been shown as we start this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment